Saturday, February 14, 2009

Quick Note, due to Illness

Ever since we came back from Florida I have had a headcold. I went to the doctor almost two week ago and she said it wasn't strep and there wasn't anything they could do. I commonly get sinus infections through out the winter due to bad sinuses. She did prescribe me some prescription nasal spray. It doesn't help when your sinuses are so clogged. I suffered through the week trying cough syrup, nasal spray, and the nes-pot (off brand). Wow the nes-pot is interesting. If you sinuses are REALLY clogged it will come out your nose (and gag you). The doctor told me one of my tonsils are growing back. This is very weird, I had them removed when I was 3.
By Sunday I was at Med Plus with a horrible ear ache. It was diagnosed as an ear infection, and both tonsils are growing back and they are infected. He wrote me a strong prescription.
I cried myself to sleep that night, waking at 1:30 with a busted ear drum. My ear was bleeding and leaking. I visited my doctor on Monday, the infection was so bad the doctor couldn't see anything in my ear. She confirmed the prescription was a good strong prescription to take care of the infection in my re-growing tonsils and for my ear infection. The normal, come back on Friday if you don't feel better. I called on Friday and asked for a referal to an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat doctor). It took most of the day, but I got one. I called the ENT for an appointment, they were going to give me March 3rd, I couldn't wait. I told her my situation and she bumped me up to this Wednesday. Wednesday can't come soon enough. My ear is still plugged and continues to drain on and off, with minor pain continully. I am mostly deaf (hopefully this is temporary) in my right ear. I say "huh?" all the time.
My question is have you heard of anyone with grown back tonsils?
If they grow back, do you have to get them taken out again?

No comments: