Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Are you Green?

All the talk going around about people being green, and I think to myself not me.
Today I paused and thought to myself, I am green; maybe not as much as I could.
Here are some of the things I do:
Resusable grocery bags (Kroger gives you 5 cents per bag you reuse!)
Carpool to out of town events
Let my child ride the bus
Recycle plastics, glass, cans, and cardboard (and when I need boxes for donations guess where I get them?)
I make my own laundry soap (reusing the old laundry soap containers, this save's tons of money, I can make approx. 4 bottles for $1.50)
I use the dishwasher, if I washed dishes I would use 10 gallons of water each time!
Bake extra cookies or bread and freeze, this saves electricity and time; very convient!
Reuse tissue paper and gift bags.
Reuse mailing envelopes (do you know how expensive bubbled envelopes are?)
Reuse Ben school notes paper to print coupons on the reverse side.
I email instead of mailing, saving postage; including bills.
Cramming a bunch of errons in one run.
Making "fast food" at home; saving gas and money. I challange you to find one of your favorite foods you order and make it at home.
How are you green?

No comments: