Friday, August 8, 2008

The Day from Heck

The morning started off with me calling Kroger (1-800-Kroger) to find out who's keys we've had. Ben told me he found them in the road, and behind the chair, liar! They told me they couldn't tell me an address, but they could tell me a name. Roger Bonney, the pianist at church. We went to their house on Sunday for dinner and as a thank you my son swiped their keys. Oh way I mad, he just had the talk about stealing things on Monday because he opened and ate a tootsie roll at Meijer in the bulk department.
Shake it off, live and learn.
Ben and Kalie are playing in the basement and I went down to check on them and do some laundry. Surprise they are being super quiet... come to find out they have the hamsters out. Now the blood is starting to boil.... last time they had the hamsters out the let them loose in the basement.
I sat them on seperate couches in time out and proceeded to finish cleaning the kitchen which included mopping. When the time-out was over, they were excused and could go and clean Ben's room. Within two minutes Kalie (my niece) was asking for a drink. I told her the kitchen was wet and she could wait 5 minutes or go and get a drink from the bathroom with her hands. She didn't like that idea, so she told Ben. He came blasting down the hall like a cheetah on crack into the kitchen and; smack fell on his butt. This didn't slow him down he grabbed a straw. I told him no, but he has his mother earplugs in (the ones where you don't listen to anything your mother says). I grasped the straw from his 5 year old hands and threw it in the garbage and said "You may use your hands." The water was running for 2 minutes straight and I walked down the hallway as Kalie heard me she ran into the bedroom. Ben was frooze like a deer caught in headlights while pouring baby powder down the sink. (My blood must have reached a new high). A swat on the rear end and back to time-out.
Shortly afterward getting out of time-out Aunt Cindy was here to pick-up Kalie. As normal the kids hid. We found them and they blasted past us and both ran to the van with Ben's bags packed and ready to spend the night. I told him "no" and they both ran back inside to hide, or so we thought. I told Cindy I heard the basement door, I checked the basement and they had run through the basement around the house and back to the van. Finally got Ben in the house and told him he wasn't staying the night. he was bummed.
A little while later I noticed Kalie's medicine was here, so I called Cindy's cellphone and someone picked up and dialed 100 # on the keypad. I said, "hello? hello?" Finally someone said "hello". I assumed it was Kalie, I asked for her mom. The reply said, "My mom is sleeping". What the heck? Then I noticed a snicker coming from Ben's bedroom. My son! Click, the phone hung up. I ran into his room and he said "Anna had it!" Okay, I am believing this... Cindy walked in with her cellphone, set it down, Anna picked it up, and Ben took it for Anna.
I attacked Brian, when he got home, and asked if I could go out for an hour of stress free air. I arrived at Kohl's and purchased a cute dress for more than 90% off (maybe I'll snap a picture later), and Mt. Dew and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. My night went much better.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness it sounds like your day has been like some of my recent days. Kids....