Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Whole World's, Upside Down

Life is bringing me some challanges and my whole world feels upside down.
These challanges include:
Mother Nature coming two weeks early this month (WTH I'm on bc)
Our renters having trouble paying rent, and giving 30 days.
My health, from strep to head colds to the flu.
Medical bills diagnosing different health problems
An extra family member living in our house
The image stareing back at me in the mirror.
Okay, I know I have depression (no, I haven't been to the doctor to be put on something; I'm on too much already and have another prescription waiting when I'm done with the ones I'm on). Any suggestions to help a depressed woman are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

((Hugs, Lisa.))

Sending good vibes your way.

Try and make time for youself. I know it's hard with kids, but you NEED it.

MacKenzie said...

I agree with Leslie. Take time for yourself. Seriously. Even if it's 30 minutes. Or an hour after your kids are in bed. Or get up earlier and EXERCISE. I started exercising 3 weeks after having Ian. It has greatly helped my depression. Because I know I am doing all I can by sleeping, eating healthy, and exercising to change what I see in the mirror. And it works!! I just do simple exercises and 30 minutes of cardio then the rest of my day I feel accomplished and really good. Another thing I do, which I learned from the mental health day program at 'Foote' was write in a journal. If you feel overwhelmed, write what's bothering you. That way you're no longer bearing the load of the stress. It's in the journal and you don't read it. Then at the end of your day write at least 3 positives in a different journal and read those at the start of your next day.

If something is bothering you, make sure it's a rational thought. Take some time to really think through what is making you upset. Most of the time we have mis-read someone...or something isn't as big of a deal as we make it out to be in our minds. All of these things I've suggested I do. I learned them all from that program which I can NOT praise enough. It has been almost a year since I've gone for just 2 weeks and my life is drastically different. There is also a depression/anxiety group at Allegience that is free on Monday nights. I've been and one of my friends goes too. If you want to go I would be glad to go with you and I'm sure my friend Chelsea would be glad to see I was going with her too.

Also, prioritize your medications. I don't know what your others are for...but consider switching if you can to ones that don't react badly with an antidepressant. I've been on Wellbutrin for years and I'm really happy with it. I hope this helps. Really the biggest thing is getting in the mindset that you will take time everyday to do said things above and you will see results.