Friday, October 10, 2008

Christmas is coming, and Ben is talking

Lately I have been exercising and walking, this is very un-normal. This "baby-fat" needs to drop off. I know with Halloween is a couple weeks away, then Thanksgiving is less then a month after that, then Christmas after that. Whew! For halloween I try to help the kids eat there candy, then at Thanksgiving and Christmas you have to endulge in all those yummy treats, and try every new dish.
Anywho, I was walking the block for the 2nd time yesterday enjoying the weather and waiting for the bus. Ben hopped off and quickly told me he doesn't have school tomorrow, Friday. I tried to ask him why, but he kept talking about how Mrs. B had a meeting that was going to be fun; and on and on he went. I came home checked all the paperwork nothing said he didn't have school tomorrow. No notes, nothing on the school calander. So I called the school (4:15), no answer, so I left a message. Ben opened his bookbag and inside was his red folder; they only bring the folders home on Folder Friday. What the heck? So I proceeded to try to call one of Ben's classmates, couldn't find the phone number. I called my sister-in-law, she has a Kindergardener (different class), and she was going on a Field Trip. No help there. So I figured I would call the school in the morning. The school called last night and told me Ben does have school and they don't know where he got the message that he didn't have school. I have to giggle, because he was so sure and had a great story to back it. My only guess, is that Mrs. B has a meeting today, and they are going to have a sub teacher. We'll see.

What are your kids telling you?

1 comment:

Carrie Cole said...

Hey Lisa....this has nothing to do with your Post, lol...but I dont have your email address. We are going to have a "Girls Night Out" on November 1st....Dinner around 5 and then going to a movie. I have invited Nicole, Lauren, Leslie, Maria and Missy....Nicole, Lauren and Leslie are going for sure. let me know if you can come, its good to get out once in awhile with some old friends! Let me know...my email address is:

que_tee_carrie@hotmail.com

Talk to ya later!