Wednesday, October 8, 2008

American 1 Fall Expo for Women

The four of us girls (mom, Erica, Cindy, and I) went to the Expo together Saturday. We arrived early (about 9:30; the Expo didn't open until 10), but the line was long. I do believe it is the bigget Expo they have had. It was fun, eating free samples, getting free items, and running around laughing, giggling and having fun without the kids. Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but I need some time away and being a stay at home mom is hard to get away.
While I was there I ran into several people. Carrie, from high school (oh my gosh, that was.... a while ago). We chatted for a while, it's so good to catch up with her. I saw Jennifer, she works with my mom, and her son is in class with Ben. Everyday Ben tells me he played with Conner (Jennifer's son).
My mom introduced me to our old (when we were really little) babysitters mom. Small world.
I ran into an old girl scout's mother. (Molly Hurst)
My brother-in-law's girlfriend (Julie)
My eye doctor (of course she was running a booth, but she still took time to tell us a story).
Andy from Rivertree (if anyone is looking for a church I highly recommend Rivertree)

Needless to say we had lots of fun and my "carriage" turned back into a pumpkin at lunch time.

How often do you get out for "You time"?

1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

I go to aerobics once a week. Usually one other time during the week I will have a little while to myself. It's hard....especially since Jade works long hours.