Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wipe those tears, and kiss him good-bye

My heart was breaking as I put my 5 year old son on the big yellow school bus. I know he is growing up, but this is a major milestone in life. Starting school. This is the beginning of a 13 (or longer) journey of life. He proudly climbed on the school bus without looking back to his gramma, sister, and mother. Was it hard? No, I was heading to the school to take a picture of him getting off the bus. (Don't make faces, I wasn't the only parent.) He was happy to see me, but still on a mission to get to his class. He has no fears, no questions; just lots of excitement.


When ask what he did at school the 1st day; "I ate sports cookies, they're going to help me play sports better." What a hoot. He already likes his teacher, as he gave her a great big hug on Open House night. I know he'll do great in school, but part of me misses him. Althought I am excited because he is.


I can't wait to help as a Room Mom, Field Trips, Snacks, Box Tops, Santas Workshop, Popcorn Nights, Family Nights, and all those other boxes I checked. he he





How do you feel about you kids going to school? (For some it maybe something already happening, for others a though for years to come)

No comments: