Friday, November 21, 2008

Making Out like a Bandit

Today was a special program going on at the Jackson Crossing.
The deal started at 11:00. If you bring in 20 pounds of non-parishable food they will give you a $25 gift certificate. My sister called me (while we were at mom's garage sale) and I piled up 20 pounds and came in. Bingo, $25 gift certificate. I asked if it was limit one, they said "no".
So I ran over to Aldi's and bought 50 pounds. Bingo, another $50 in certificates.
That wasn't enough, Black Friday is coming up and I need to finished my Christmas shopping so I ran to Target for a couple more items (okay two big packs of water and carried them from Target to just past the coffee shop) almost 60 pounds.
So I now have $125 in gift certificates to Jackson Crossing, and I spent under $20!
I wondered how we were going to have enough money for this Christmas season, but I know better than to question the power of God. He will provide.
How has God provided for you lately?

No comments: